Budgeting Bloggers is a linkup hosted by Fran of Franish where you recap what you purchased and spent in the past month in an effort to curate a functional closet!With this budgeting bloggers post I get closer and closer to a year of doing this. Part of me wants to do a year round up and see how much I spent all year. The other part of me doesn't want to see the number. Oy.
This month was a little strange. Though in the thick of my fall wardrobe, it got VERY cold towards the end of November and I veered off track just a little. I also had rewards and coupons from some retailers that were too good to not use. My hope was to shop less, but I think I shopped more since it was already so cool and I wanted to get a jump on my winter capsule. I also found a few classic additions and a wardrobe hole I had been shopping for. Here's what I got::
Merino v-neck cardigan:: Orig $79.50, paid $17.99
3. Gold Star Ecru Shirt:: Orig $88, paid $10.19
4. Rib-stitch dolman sweater:: Orig $89.50, paid $25.50
5. Excursion vest in pinstripe:: Orig $138, paid $45
6. Quilted tweed vest:: Orig $39.94, paid $24.94
7. Waist length wool blend coat:: Orig $59.94, paid $9.97
8. Enzo Angiolini black pump:: Orig $109.95, paid $21.99
9. Cole Haan Chelsea low pump:: Orig $298, paid $59.60
10. Sam Edelman Spye Belle (Clark's dupe this year):: Orig $140, paid $54.97
11. Martina Canvas mini wedge:: Orig $98, paid $25.49
12. Charm Tassel Necklace:: Orig $35, paid $7.64
13. Floral short sleeve dress:: Orig $29.94, paid $7.49
14. Knit, Pray, Love Infinity Scarf:: Paid $35
15. (r-ki-tekt) flexible headband:: Paid $12
16. Lou and Grey specklestripe Moto Jacket:: Orig $79.50, paid $29.99
17. Stripe knit pencil skirt:: Orig $49.95, paid $4.49
18. Slim cropped pant in burgundy:: Orig $54.95, paid $14.98
Total:: $425.22 (made $332 off sales)
Total saved off retail prices:: $1091.45
The collage makes it look like I brought home less than I really did. If you can't tell, I was kind of lazy putting it together. I also got some handmade items from two shops that I highly recommend. Both Atlanta locals, I was very impressed with what I brought home from ICE. I wish the girls behind Knit, Pray, Love had a website because their infinity scarves are between $10 and $15 more than a mass produced counterpart, but INCREDIBLY well made. So soft too and not itchy at all. Numbers 3, 4, 13, 17, and 18 and the only items I bought that "break" the rules, since they aren't outerwear, shoes, or off my wish list. I did save my coupons and rewards though.
So! How did you do this past month?